Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Cult of Done..... "Just Do It"


I have always been a great fan of Nike's "Just Do It" slogan. In fact, I think these are the 3 words I like most in the world after the word "Balance".

I am currently reading "Linchpin" (http://www.sethgodin.com/) and he quotes Bre Pettis in his book to have quoted this about "The Cult of Done" or what I would call the art of "Just Do It";

1. There are 3 states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
2. Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
3. There is no editing stage
4. Pretending you know what you are doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so accept that you know what you're doing, even if you don't, and do it
5. Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
6. The point of being done is not to finish, but is to get other things done.
7. Once you're done, you can throw it away
8. Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done
9. People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
10. Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
11. Destruction is a variant of done
12. If you have an idea and publish it on the Internet, that counts as a ghost of done
13. Done is the engine of more

I really like this. Especially 8 and 9, as they are so right and I often get caught on them myself. Increasingly, I believe life and what you learn from it, is all about implementation or what you "do". They more you implement, or the more you "do", the more you learn and the more you succeed.


If you lead a life of "balance" and have an attitude to "Just Do It" all the time, I think you will live a pretty rewarding life!


More Than Japan Housing, More Than Japan Cars and Furniture, More than Japan Serviced Apartments, More Than Japan Destination Services, More Than Japan License Conversion, More Than Japan Information!


The H&R Group is MORE THAN RELOCATION!
http://www.morethanrelo.com/



No comments: